Sunday, July 17, 2005

Tantrums, Testicles and Trojans -- Part 3

With this picture, I find myself returning to the beginning of my original rotation of plays. Michael Shaffer of Tantrums, Testicles, and Trojans has been keeping me in the know about the developments of his play, and so on...

One of my favorite things about the picture, and Michael in general, is that it cam with the following D&D gamer-inspired statistics:

Character Name: Michael Shaffer
Strength: about a 13.
Intelligence: 14 (16)--actual and perceived
Wisdom: 11
Constitution: 9, due to my near-sightedness and recent eye surgery
Dexterity: 17 (I deal blackjack in the summer for extra cash)
Charisma: 15 (I'm no pageant winner, but I'm likeable and friendly)

Now, I should point out that Michael is the fella on the left in the picture. On the other side is the skull of a bear, for which he included these:

Character Name: Bear
Strength: 20
Intelligence: 11
Wisdom: 10
Constitution: 16
Dexterity: 4 (-1 on card shuffling)
Charisma: 12

Anyway, for those of you who aren't gamers, you probably didn't enjoy that halfasmuch as I did, but BEAR with me (Tee Hee!) because the charts that use thsoe stats are the ones that inspired my method of show selection for the Fringe Festival itself.

That's it for now on Michael's show... Next? Well, some random stuff I've put together for you, of course!

This little bull image is going to function as the bullet for my random section. The reasoning is two-fold. First, I am fond of it, so I just wanted to use it. Second, I figure most of the stuff at the end of these columns is a load of bull, so it is appropriate.

Now that I'm healthy again I've been packing in as many Spain-esque experiences as I can. Just in the last three days I've gone to Segovia, where I toured a castle and ate suckling pig; saw a puppet show in Retiro Park (see photos at end of this entry); took Flamenco lessons; and watched an immense fountain put on a water and light show. At some point I plan to do some homework!





I just love www.hookedonfacts.com: "The height of a bowling pin is equal to its circumference." -- Just thought you'd like to know...

Amount of change currently in my pocket: $4.26, after exchanging it back into dollars at the current rate...actually, it is 3.35 Euros

A girl actually offered to play me "the real song" when I was singing If I Were a Rich Man. Apparently pop music has effectively invalidated the wonderful thing that is Fiddler on the Roof.

Let your mom and dad know you love them...it's just a good idea.

I'm out of shampoo, and I have no idea where to get some in Spain. Do I go to a drug store, a department store, a beauty shop? I'm confused! Not to mention, I'm confused as to why I go through shampoo so quickly. I'm primarily bald, for goodness sake!

I clearly need a copy editor. This is now the fourth time that I've had to log in and fix something on this one column entry.

There was a Fringe Showcase last night! I totally missed it! If you went, I'd love to hear about it...

No comments: