Thursday, March 24, 2005

Higher and Higher

As I watch my show climbing up the waiting list toward inclusion in the 2005 Fringe Festival, I hear Jackie Wilson singing in my head "...lifting me, higher and higher!" That's right! Commedia Beauregard is chillin' at #26 now. We started at 41 or 42. Last week we were at 32. Now, #26. That's a pretty good rate of ascension. I've noticed that some shows are already casting and searching for production people, and I have mixed feelings about that. It is a truism that regular theatre productions in this town are going toward casting earlier and earlier in an effort to lock in a cast. I'm not terribly fond of the trend myself, but just this past weekend I held auditions for the next show I'm directing, even though rehearsals don't start until the 18th of April. So, I guess it just had to happen that the Fringe Festival's shows would start moving earlier and earlier, too.

So, this next Monday, the day after Easter, for those of you of the Christian ilk, I'm planning on another excursion into the realm of "Thirst Theatre." I'd invite you all to tag along and hang out for drinks afterward. It'll be a chance for me to find out if you agree with me on the whole thing that evening.

Ready for something completely random?
  • Thus far I've read five of the Martian tales of Edgar Rice Burroughs. I love them. John Carter is cool!
  • I'm wondering what the odds are if you buy one of those tubs of 500+ buttons and you suddenly have need of a button on your jacket, let's just say one pops off and you can't find it-- what are the odds that within that tub there actually is a button that matches the others on your jacket?
  • "You made me so very happy, I'm so glad you came into my life." -- Blood Sweat and Tears
  • Todays snippet from www.hookedonfacts.com : "February 1865 is the only month in recorded history to not have a full moon." -- This explains why February 1865 is the outcast of Month society. She still has to sit by herself in the cafeteria to this day. Sad. really sad.
  • I wrote a paper last night on the book The Isle of Pines by Henry Neville for a class I'm taking on Utopian and Dystopian Lierature. Interesting read, and the outside source material I found on it was great reading, too.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

BARSOOM!

Burroughs is a fun writer. Of course, he's the reason there's a Tarzana California . . . .

And, don't forget Pellucidar!