Saturday, March 12, 2005

Movin' on up!

So, the Fringe witing list has gotten a bit shorter, and I am coming closer to actually producing in the Fringe again. I was originally number 41 or 42. Now, I'm number 32. A few more shows are in. I'm hoping that means that a new venue was added, and not that the 9 or 10 companies have already dropped out. I know that at least one production from last year's waiting list made it in after starting out in the #58 slot, but I'd rather have to wait until next year than have 42 people decide not to produce after all. One of the beautiful things that I noticed about the new way of show selection is that some of the Fringe regulars didn't get slots, while some new people got in. Variety is the spice of life and new people getting a new experience is a big part of that.

And now for something completely random:
  • I'm house-sitting for my brother this week and next. He's in Sri Lanka.
  • "The ink is black, the page is white, together we learn to read and write" -- Black and White, Three Dog Night
  • When I use highlighters I normally choose blue, green, or purple. Yellow, orange, and pink annoy me when I'm looking at my script.
  • I've had the song "If I had a Million Dollars" running through my head for the better part of the last week. It makes me think a bit though. Since it's tax season I keep thinking that if I had a million dollars I'd have to give half to the IRS, and then the song would be "If I had Half a Million Dollars."
  • The obligatory fact from www.hookedonfacts.com: "Kilts are not native to Scotland. They originated in France." -- Hey, look! Another thing to blame on the French!
  • The N-O on my baseball hat stands for New Orleans, not the word No. When people say "No" to me completely out of the blue it confuses me for a moment, and then I get irritated. It's akin to all those people who over the past 31 years asked me if I was kidding when I said my last name was Kidder.

No comments: