Wednesday, February 08, 2006

The Lottery from afar

This year's Fringe Lottery is now past. I wish I could say that I was able to attend, but I wasn't. Originally I had planned on being there and videotaping the entire process so as to provide clips for your viewing pleasure. However, those plans fell through as I developed a short-notice conflict.


Back in 2002 I started my affiliation with the Pillsbury House Theatre by working on their show Mr.
Bundy
. By being involved with that
show, I met Brian Goranson, who invited me to write for something called the Chicago Avenue Project. Monday night and last night that program celebrated its 10th year, and we playwrights, directors, and actors who've been involved over the
years were invited to take part in the celebration. I also suddenly found myself running the lights for the event. So, by being at the Pillsbury House, I wasn't at the Fringe Lottery.


That being said, I did have some notice passed my way that my production was better fated this year than it was last year. Mr. Everett, my friend and fellow blogger,
informed me that my lot came up (Commedia Beauregard), as did Ferrari McSpeedy
(another company that was excluded last year). It will be sweet to produce in the Fringe again. I do have some challenges ahead of me. Producing from Spain this summer will be somewhat
difficult. But, my promise to you is
that what I put up will be entertaining and worth the extra effort.


The official list of shows that made it into the Fringe has now been released. Now I’m able to let you know which productions I'm looking forward to, who I hope will claw their way in off of the waiting list, and all that sort of stuff.



I’ll do that in my three following posts…



Now for a bit of organized chaos:




  • Buster
    Keaton once broke his neck whilst filming a movie in which thousands of
    gallons of water were dumped on his head.
    You can see a play based on his work currently at the Children’s
    Theatre Company, and if you come during the matinees, then you’ll see me
    in it, too!

  • In
    case you didn’t know, the Vulcans won and Spring will be returning to w:st="on">St. Paul once again
    this year. Anyone ever hope that
    the Vulcans lose some year, just to see what happens?


  • Today’s
    trivia from www.hookedonfacts.com:
    “ It costs about 3 cents to make a $1 bill in the United States.” – Now, that's what I call a return on your investment!

  • I have
    very little to say otherwise, today… So, on to the next entry.

No comments: