Friday, November 11, 2005

4, 3, 2, 1 ... 2006!

Well, golly! I don't know what to say, other than I'm already looking forward to the 2006 Fringe Festival. How much you ask? Well... let's just say that I'm counting down the days until the applications come out next tuesday. That's 4 days away.

I have no idea if I'll have the money to put up a show this next year, or if I'll be able to coordinate a production from overseas (I'll be in Spain for all of July again), but I'm gonna try! Why not? This is the time of year for dreams. Not only tryptiphan induced dreams after Thanksgiving dinner, or dreams of sugar plums whilst awaiting Santa. It is also the time for dreaming up crazy things that could happen in next year's Fringe Festival. I'm really looking forward to what other people come up with, and seeing that, but I'm also really looking forward to seeing what I might be able to put forth.

Now, I did try to get into this last Fringe, and my little ball didn't pop out in a timely fashion during the lottery. Hopefully this year my luck will be better. Cross your fingers for me. (If you find yourself crossing your fingers at this time, you might want to delay your action until a later date...the drawing doesn't happen until February).

Now, just a couple of random things...

I've been doing a lot of around-the-house cleaning recently. Aparently I prefer cleaning prior to heading into the winter, rather than doing Spring Cleaning like so many others. I've no idea if this makes me weird. I have a feeling that my cleaning habits aren't the source of my weirdness.

1984 was a major work of dystopian fiction by George Orwell.

Mmmm...Ginger snaps!

Trivia returns to my column: "During the Gold Rush in 1849, some people paid as much as $100 for a glass of water!" -- Some things never change!


Top three songs that run through my head...
1. If I Had a Hammer
2. If I had A Million Dollars
3. Mmm-Bop

No comments: