Tuesday, November 15, 2005

Time to sign up!

So, it is here. The day is here. Today is the day when the 2006 Fringe Festival becomes more than just a figment of our collective imaginations. Or, really, it just now is able to gain form within our imaginations. Or, something like that!

Anyway, here's the thing. I've downloaded my newly available application, and I am excited to see a number of categories under which I would like to produce a show. Problem is, I'm not entirely sure I can decide which thing I'd like to do. Do I produce a show I've written? Do I produced a friend's show? I've done both of those before. I've directed a show before, but unless I put one together while I'm overseas this summer, I can't actually do the directing. Hmm... If I did that, would it make it an international show? Or, at least an out-of-town show, since most of the folks involved that way would be from New Orleans? I've got to give that some thought. Probably have to make a phone call or two on that one.

My favorite idea at the moment is to coordinate a mini-festival within the festival. I seriously missed the Fast Fringe last year. I thought it was a great addition to the festival two years ago, and I would like to see it happen again. I think I'll try to make that happen.

Anyway, the applications are available through a link on the main page, so why are you sitting here? Go check it out!

No comments: