Friday, July 30, 2004

Bullfights and other Bull S%@t...

Okay, so my Fringe has gotten drastically more interesting over the past few days.  In the very first column of this blog I alluded to the fact that I've missed the majority of the last two Fringe Festivals because I was doing Sisters of Swing at the History Theatre each summer.  Originally I hadn't any conflicts for this year's Fringe, but now I've rejoined the cast of Carmen at Theatre de la Jeune Lune.  I was in the original production last fall, but couldn't do the remount.  Now that it's been extended, the guy who replaced me couldn't continue, so I'm now replacing him.  Fun, huh?

Now I'm going to miss a bunch of show slots.  I'll still be attending every slot that I don't have a show, but I feel bummed that I'll not be able to see something in every possible chunk o' the Fringe. 

That being said, I have a few things that I want to mention about the folks in Carmen with me.  First is the guy who I'm replacing, Kenny Kiser.  Kenny is in a show called Patrick & James: A Love Story.  Kenny is a dedicated performer who is very good at what he does.  We're I you, I'd add this one to "My Fringe."

Another Carmen-ite who is performing in the Fringe is Jill Anna Ponasik.  Jill possesses one of the best voices in the Twin Cities, in my opinion.  It is rich and luxurious, and I could listen to her sing all day.  So, the fact that she is going to be singing in Nautilus's From the Diary of Virginia Woolf, excites me to no end.  You've got to make it to that show.  I'm sure you'll then agree with me that Jill Anna (I never know if I'm supposed to tack her middle name on to her first or not) is a performer to watch over the next few years.

Last rehearsal!!!
Last night was my last rehearsal for Dandelion Snow prior to our tech rehearsal.  It went really well.  Two times through the whole show, and I feel good.  I feel good anyway...endorphines...I've been working out...but, anyway...  This whole project has been an adventure, and I'm glad that I've been able to go on it.  I hope you'll join us for our opening night.  That's Saturday the 7th at 8:30 p.m. at the MCTC Whitney Mainstage.  You'll get to see a great show, and witness my first onstage gay kiss, and that'll be something, I'm sure!


No comments: