Wednesday, July 19, 2006

No one wants to see me in short shorts!

Apparently, according to my poll, no body wants me to dress up in my nice new Spanish national team jersey, short shorts, and shin guards. You know what? That's fine! See if I care. Last I checked, the Pirate outfit is in the lead. There's still time to vote.

So... I put out a general call to folks in the small theatre community of the twin cities, and a few of them answered. I asked for info on their shows, and I can now pass some of that along. These will be more brief bits of info than those about the 6 companies that I'm featuring, but they'll hopefully tell you some stuff of interest. If not...well...I've got nothin'.

First up...12 Dancing Princesses. The show is put on by Minnesota Shakespeare Project. They're the folks that did T+C last year (meaning calendar year, not last Fringe). Nicole Joy Brunsvold is the person who made me aware of this production. She used to update her profile on a site we both frequent whenever the production moved up the waiting list. Well, now it is in, and I can recommend you seeing it. In addition to Nicole, who played Ariel in a version of The Tempest for me years ago, you should keep your eye out for Kelsey Ann Olson who I just had the honor of working with at In The Basement Productions. She's a great character actress. I'm really impressed by her work.

Up next is Wonderland. This show is a retelling of the traditional Alice in Wonderland, but it swaps out Alice and puts Alex in her place. Alex is a boy, by the way. The person who let me know about this was Paula Weakley (I'm sorry, Paula, if I misspelled your name). She was another person in the production of The Women that I recently worked on at ITBP. Somehow or another, these guys have been able to add a 6th show to their Fringe Show schedule. I'm not sure what that means, but it does allow you one more chance to catch them if their original 5 slots weren't enough for you.

I have a handful more, but I will drop them in on other days.

Now it is time for randomness...

My camera's LCD screen is kaput. The rest of the thing works just fine, but now taking pictures is like it was in the good old days. There's no telling what I'll get until I upload them to my computer to see them. It's sort of cool. Russian Roulette Photography!

It costs me 3 Euros to wash a load of laundry in this dorm. That's not wash and dry, that is merely wash. After conversion, that's nearly $4 to run the washer for one load. Yikes!

55105

I give Torres Family's "Sangre de Toro" Red Wine as many thumbs up as I can. Did I mention that wine here seldom costs more than a big bottle of water? Yay, Spain!

What goes up, must come down.

Hooked, hooked, hooked...hooked, hooked, hooked... Hooked on Facts: "Non-dairy creamer is flammable." -- I believe that most junior high children already know this fact, and that having it listed as a bit of trivia on a trivia website is silly. There are many kids that grew up with me who first experimented with pyrotechnics by blowing non-dairy creamer through the flame of a bic lighter. Really, it is a wonder any of us are alive.

Spanish word of the day: Hallazgo- noun = A find ... as in "What a find!"

My shirt has 6 buttons.

No comments: