Friday, August 04, 2006

Day 1 -- At the BLB

So, I wrapped up the first day of the Fringe at the Bryant-Lake Bowl, which was our appointed hang-out for the night. And it was a nice time. More on that in a minute...

First... Before I made it there, I had really nice conversations with a few folks that I should mention... especially since I think you'd like there shows:

1). Joy and Michael Donnely... These were the masterminds behind last year's hit Nibblers. This year they are teamed up with Theatre for the Thirsty on a show titled Amnesiac Jack. Please go see it. I really do not believe you could support a more pleasant couple of folks, and their great theatre practitioners, too...so I feel I can recommend them highly no matter what they are doing... I can't say that about most folks in this field.

2). Tape is another show you should consider. Christiana Clark is one of my favorite actresses in town, and Stephen Frethem reportedly does a great job in his role. It is a play that I've wanted to see done for a couple of years now... so here's the chance to catch it.

Now... back to our regularly scheduled break-down of the last chunk of the day... I didn't go to Sin Cities 7 at the Minneapolis Theatre Garage because I needed sustenance, and because the late night shows are going to be available on other nights when I think I can stay awake for them.

Instead I went and hung out with a number of Fringy folks and had a nice glass of Vino Tinto (Red Wine). I like the idea of a travelling Fringeville this year, although I am a bit worried that many of the locations are too small for too many performers to fit comfortably. I guess we shall soon see.

No comments: