Saturday, August 05, 2006

Day 3 -- The Beginning

Every year there is one day that I set aside for breaking my own rules about using dice to select my shows. Today is that day. Normally it is the Saturday of the final weekend of Fringe, but this year I have moved it up the schedule a bit.

The reason for this shift, is that I have a young daughter. She is 7, as a matter of fact. And I like to take her Fringing with me once each year. So... die rolls that could land us in shows involving giant dildos aren't the way to go.

Instead, I pack the dice away for one day, and we see kids fringe shows and ones that I've found out through others' advice are no worse than prime-time TV for kids.

So, that's what I'll be doing today. I'll still blog on the resulting shows, but my schedule will not be randomly determined.

Incidentally, I learned two things yesterday. Three, really. #1... I'm too lazy to deal with the whole posting my charts thing (I'm sorry). #2... People say fun things when you put a microphone in front of them (My podcast will be posted later tonight). #3... One who pans a show one day will not have success flirting with its cast members the next night.

Some I random for stuff you have:


While mental failure can be more random than just about anything else, I think we'll start with the trivia today so I won't forget it again: "Minnows have teeth in their throat." -- This makes me think about sharks. Only because of their multiple rows of teeth. Following the thought train tangentially, I then think of perch which used to swim around us at Boy Scout camp. We used to refer to them as pecker sharks because they'd occaisionally swim up your swim trunks and give you a bit of a surprise. Sometimes following one's train of thought ought not to happen.

I love cinnamon raisin toast.

I still can't figure out my cellphone. I feel like such an idiot.

I just realized that I've only watched a total of about 10 minutes of TV since arriving back stateside.

There's wolves in them thar hills.

Candle wax.

A link to my Ten-Word summaries: Click Here.

No comments: