Monday, August 01, 2005

Back in the USA

Hola!

I am back stateside, and I have a lot to do. All the articles I wasn't able to over the past week or more will be compiled hereafter. Today's main task, other than getting back on an American sleep schedule, is to do all things Fringy...

I think there's an article about "Nibblers" coming your way, as well as at least 3 new articles about shows that I've not yet covered.

I'm putting together my list of top shows with numbers in the title, or in their essence (whatever that might mean -- Check back later to see!).

I am exceptionally excited to let you know that I will be stopping by the Fringe Office today, and I'll related that adventure once I'm back. That won't be until early afternoon, though. As I learned last year, Fringe Staffers aren't really morning people.

I'm finishing up my charts today, and I'll probably do a test roll either tonight or tomorrow for you guys. So you can better see how it's going to work.

Also, I've got to check out two bikes for their potential to be my Fringe Ride. Might go either way at this point. I've not ridden a bike in years. Although I have spent some time trying to teach my daughter to ride one back in June. Those lessons are about to resume. Maybe we'll talk about that some... I don't know.

I'm sure there's other stuff, too.

Now, just like during the Fringe Festival itself, I will from here on out only do the "Random Crap" section of my column in the first entry of the day. Incidentally, this is the first entry of the day...

So, Here we go!

I was searched by security in Madrid. That was fun. They took me into a small room and made me unpack everything. They then inspected it, and made me repack it all. I'm hoping it was just a random thing, because I can't imagine what would have indicated to them that I was some sort of threat.

"I got it all together and forgot where I put it!" -- From a sticker that I got out of a machine at Perkins. It amuses me. Now, I just have to figure out where to put it.

Incidentally, I do NOT recommend flying American Airlines. That's based on four flights. Two to Spain, and two on the way back. Find a different way to travel.

My mom sent a few boxes of stuff down here with my brother while I was gone. She's unloading stuff on her children because she and my dad are moving. Good thing I'm having a garage sale after the Fringe closes!

It looks like this year August might actually be hot, unlike last year. I'm happy about that.

Random Trivia from Stuie's Trivia: "The only survivor of Custer's Last Stand was his horse, Commanche." -- Well, and a whole bunch of Indians, right?

No comments: