Saturday, August 13, 2005

Day 9 -- 7:00 p.m. Time Slot

Show: Nibblers: A Musical With Sharks

Company: Front Porch Theatre

Venue: Theatre Garage


There was no die roll, nor a number chosen by Wendy, because this was the only show she wanted to see!!! (or as she put it "I mean it, I mean it, I mean it.")

So, This was a fun hour spent, and according to my daughter, it was also very educational. She now knows that sharks can smell blood, and that if you bop them on the nose they are stunned. She has also become very focused on the fact that the play taught a lesson. That lesson: Never go off by yourself. Oh yeah, and that sharks can smell blood. Did I mention that?

The songs were good, but I'd heard parts of them before, so that wasn't a surprise. Although, it was nice to hear them live. And the kids were great.

The plotline was a little convoluted at times, but really, what do you expect with a musical in which three sharks narrate? It was just good fun for the family, and there were actual villains, conflict, and dramatic action. This far surpassed the other children's fare that I've seen recently.

RATING: "d20 - One of the Best"

No comments: