Tuesday, August 02, 2005

I Need a Date!!!!

Okay, so I'm starting to panic. I attended the Brainerd High School Prom three times, and I never went without a date. In fact, I knew who my date would be pretty far in advance each time. So, I can't conceive of going to the Fringe Prom stag.

My usual theatre date options are staying home with children or out of the country, so I need to find someone crazy enough to attend the kick-off of the Fringe's central meeting place "Fringeville" with me.

Do you know anyone? Are you that special someone? Let me know! Quick before I lower myself to calling one of those late-night chat phone numbers from adverts on channel 45!

All right, time for today's random bits:

One piece of art on the Fringe Staff Pass claims that the festival is "100% Snore Proof." I'm so glad that some standard has been put in place to keep the snores out this year.

I think the 103 degree heat in Madrid was cooler than this crap we're going through right now! Yipe!

Some time during the Fringe I am going to get my first tattoo. Anyone wanna come hold my hand whilst I scream a lot?

My daughter graduates from Kindergarten tomorrow. I'm so proud! I'm also very glad for year-round schools. They make so much more sense than the ones that give the whole summer off. I know the historical reasons for the long summers, and all that, but when it comes down to it, there are very few people who need their kids to come home to help on the farm during the summer any more.

Today's bit of trivia from Stuie's Trivia: "Percentage of American men who say that they would marry the same woman if they had to do it all over again: 80%. Percentage of American women who say they'd marry the same men: 50%" -- Ouch! Jeez! C'mon!

I have a toy robot (Yes, I have a toy! There's nothing wrong with that!) that can walk up smooth surfaces like windows and the sides of filing cabinets. It's really cool. Except that one day he fell, and ever since he now lists to the right when he walks. So he climbs in an arc now, and eventually falls off again. Bummer.

Q: Where was the Magna Carta signed?

A: The Bottom!!!

I'd like to say "Hello!" to Corin, Logan, Joseph M., Cristina, Modrea, Katie, Thad, Jennifer, Heather, Jessica, Chandler, Alexis, Joseph B., Amanda, Bill, Nancy, and all the rest.

No comments: