Sunday, August 14, 2005

Day 11 -- The Beginning

Guess what? It's almost done!

Last day. For the first time ever we've got a Day 11, and that's exciting in and of itself. I'm so happy.

I am a little bummed that certain plays didn't come up on the dice charts, and that I wasn't able to see more shows. But it was a good run. I'm planning on seeing a ful docket of shows today, and that'll be fun.

You know, I've had certain anecdotes saved for the moment I got to see certain shows. I have a really cool story from Spain that involves a guy from Australia at a bullfight that I was going to write about after I saw "DIVE" but I guess that won't be happening. I'll just have to save it for another time. Maybe it'll be in the random notes on a later blog, in the event that I'm back next year. We'll see.

Okay...let's get this party started...randomly:

My first job was as a radio announcer at WJJY AM in Brainerd, MN. I understand that station is no longer in existence, although their FM station is. I eventually worked for them, too. At different times throughout my radio career (both in MN & IA), I went by either Cole Williams or Christopher Robin on the air. It wasn't until I was working for an NPR affiliate that I went by Christopher Kidder on the air.

I'm hiding right now...You can't see me!

I just learned how to plant potatoes on "Rebecca's Garden."

Trivia time thanks to Hooked on Facts: "In Nebraska, It is illegal for bar owners to sell beer unless they are simultaneously brewing a kettle of soup." -- I love soup!

I have nothing terribly useful to say.

No comments: