Monday, August 15, 2005

Show: An Actor's Nightmare

Company: 5 OUTta 6
Venue: Mixed Blood
Die Roll: 15

After a weak beginning to my day, I was hoping that my second show could turn it around, and this one did. It is the old standby from the Community Theatre cannon by Christopher Durang. Normally, I would dread seeing it, because, though I have been in it once, the show is not normally well done. However, this was not the case today. Keith Kryzer is a very good actor. I've had the good fortune of sharing the stage with hime once upon a time, and I can safely say that he is one of the best actors in town to not be making his living at it. I'm always hoping that he takes the leap into the professional realm. He's that good.

So, with that, Kryzer played george Spelvin, the hapless accountant who finds himself accidentally inside a number of plays that he hadn't prepared for, and that go horribly wrong. Keith's wife, Rachael Cavegn also starred, and did a wonderful job. I'm looking forward to seeing what comes out of this group next.

The comedy was good, the acting strong, and the production wonderful.

RATING: "d12 - A Heckuva Lotta Fun"

No comments: