Thursday, August 04, 2005

Day 1 -- 7:00 p.m. Time Slot

Show: Blogologue
Company: Hamel Road Theater Project
Venue: Mixed Blood
Die Roll: 2

This is a series of sketches based on real items found on the internet. As one who writes some of the crap on the internet, I was very happy to see this specific artform lampooned.

The two best bits were about cybersex in all its glory (?). In one two misfits who misrepresent themselves get together in real life after they confess all their lies. In the other, a guy who doesn't give a rat's ass is having cybersex (or, rather, avoiding it) by making the experience too true to life for his female partner.

The Star Trek spoof was a lot of fun, too.

Only things holding this show back? Oddly misplaced mysogynist comments during the newscast segment that seem to take away from the humor, and the large number of technical difficulties. But, that's partially excusable because it is the fisrt performance.

There were parts that made me laugh so hard I couldn't breathe, and there were other ones that made me sick to my stomach, quite literally. And yet, that second thing was a good thing.

Clearly I'm getting really tired because I'm over-using the word "thing." I think I'll stop typing now.

Just know that this was a good show.

RATING: "d12 - A Heckuva Lotta Fun"

No comments: