Monday, August 01, 2005

BEEF!!!!

Now, I know that many people of an artistic bent enjoy a vegetarian lifestyle. However, I am not one of them. So, when I first came back to America from Spain, the first thing I had was a fruit smoothy and a vegetarian pizza. The lack of vegetables in the diet of the basic Castellano (people from central Spain) is frightening. But, then, so is their remarkably high pork consumption. I'm pretty sure that I will do my darnedest to avoid pork and ham for quite some time now. In fact, even though one of my favorite places to chow down during the Fringe is Rudolph's, I'm pretty sure that I'll skip them for at least the first weekend. Nothing piggy is going into me in the near future. So...The big news of the day: I just had my first hamburger since returning to Minnesota! Escaping the heat of my non-air-conditioned house, I hopped in my car and took off for McDonald's. Thereafter I took my a/c-endowed ride to the Fringe office, where I said hello to Mark and Leah (two of the best folks on planet Earth), and also the chica in charge of all things Visual Fringy (unfortunately I have to hear a person's name at least three times before it registers permanently, so I apologize Miss Artsy-Fringe). And I also bumped into the ever-popular, and ever-present Fringe-o-Phile, Matthew Everett.

I grabbed my Staff Pass from Mark, which means that I'll now be able to see all the shows that i'm writing about. That makes me happy. I also got one of the Fringe buttons (although mine is blue, the one with all the nifty specials and all that are yellow). It has a lovely picture of a cow. Isn't that grand? Moo!

There's an exciting energy around that office right now. I can't wait until the Fringe starts now... Only 3 days!

No comments: