Friday, August 12, 2005

Day 8 -- 7:00 p.m. Time Slot

So, I was originally headed toward the Unicycle Showcase at the MCTC Mainstage for this time slot, but fate had be headed elsewhere. Shortly after I got out of my car, Rik Reppe bumped into me, and we had a lovely chat about the blogs, life in New Orleans, and the nature of random determination of show attendance. That's the first time I've met Rik. He's a good guy. On a much earlier blog when I'd asked people to respond about how they determine which shows to see, he was the only person who offered up his method. It goes like this...The people who have been good to him, he goes and sees their shows. You know what? That's good business sense in addition to being a good friend. Keep the people you know, who are also helpful people, in business. Were I using his method, his show would be near the top of my list of shows to see. Really, if I were allowing myself to just pick shows, his would have been at the top of my list to see anyway. I'm hoping that my dice will afford me that chance. We'll see.

Anyway, when I left Rik, I headed toward the MCTC theatre building when, wouldn't you know it, I bumped into Nancy Donoval who invited me to food at Joe's Garage. Now, anyone who has read my blog at its old home at http://fringe1234.blogspot.com, will know that I love their mashed potatoes. So I took her up on the offer, and ditched the show. I felt a little guilty until the mashed potatoes came. Other Fringers sighted at Joe's: Rik Reppe, Jake Endres (of Rik's show, as well as Serendipity), Sheila Simon (of The Pope Stole My Pretzel), and fellow blogger Kate Hoff.

Communing with other Fringe-goers is a big part of fringing, so I was happy to be able to do that. Especially over the delicious mashed potatoes, topped with broccoli, bratwurst, and cheddar cheese.

No comments: