Tuesday, August 09, 2005

Day 6 -- The Beginning

First things first... I have had an oddly high number of performers come up to me and tell me that they read my blog and then they ask if I can make sure to see their show. Folks! Either you aren't reading my blog, or you're not paying attention. Here's a bit of review. I roll on random dice charts to determine my schedule! I can't "make sure" to see your show. Quit asking, or at least quit pretending that you're one of my regular readers.

As for promoting a show here or there, I might do that. If that's what you want to ask me to do, then just ask. Like my friend May Mahala. May has acted in one play that I wrote, and done a reading of another of mine. It is fair to say that she is one of my favorite people in the Twin Cities theatre scene. Well, May wrote part of the Works/Plays offering in this year's Fringe, and though I have no idea if I'll be able to make it, I recommend you do. She's worthy of your support, and if her playwriting is as good as her acting, you'll be pleased.

This evening I will only be able to attend the last two shows (read 8:30 & 10:00 p.m.). It is ballet & tap lesson night for my daughter, and I will be attending as an involved parent.

Randomly speaking:

I forgot to put forth a bit of trivia yesterday!

"Chipmunks aren't supposed to live inside houses." -- A pearl of wisdom from today's episode of "The Berenstein Bears" on TPT 2. Say, are bears supposed to live inside houses? Just wondering.

There is an oscillating fan in my living room that, even on its highest setting, doesn't do musch in the way of keeping me cool.

Trivia for today: "Berea, KY, It is illegal to shoot clay pigeons during the breeding season." -- I'm so proud to say I was born in that state. Hey people! Clay pigeons don't breed!

Grass can get remarkably long.

Have you ever wondered why?

No comments: