Wednesday, August 10, 2005

Day 7 -- The Beginning

Well, today is a matinee day. Shows are starting at 1 p.m. I'm hoping to get to as many as I possibly can. I'm assuming that I'll be taking two munchie breaks along the way, though.

The good news, yesterday was my first day of feeling back in good health all day long. I am still feeling good, and I now hypothesize that it took me slightly over a week each time I've gone to a new country (including my own) to adjust to the surroundings. That doesn't bode well for ever taking a one-week only trip for me, but at least I'm back to feeling normal again. No more about my health for the rest of the festival, I hope.

The Fringe is past the half-way point now, and so I'm feeling pressure to find that diamond-in-the-rough that grabs me and shakes me.

A butterfly flaps its wings in China, and you get these random bits:

It takes two to tangle. While it does take two to tango, also, that isn't the original expression. It is much more straightforward than that. The expression is about fighting, and so is the wording of it. The cleverness of the pun of "tango" has been lost over time because people don't know the original phrase.

I have a stuffed bear named Nigel. I'd originally proposed that as a name for my child had she been born a boy, but it was decided that since we live in America, you canm't name a kid Nigel without him gettting beaten up all the time.

I picked a card, any card...It was the Ace of Diamonds.

You know what? I'm changing back to Hooked on Facts for my trivia: "Flamingos pee on their legs to cool themselves off." -- Note to self: Stay away from Flamingos

No comments: