Wednesday, August 18, 2004

Best of the Fringe

The announcement is official, and the 2004 Fringe Festival has its two "best" shows. They are "Knock!", which was presented by Theatre Latte Da, and "Buckets and Tapshoes", which was put on by Ten Foot Five. I didn't get to see either one during my randomly determined Fringe-capade, so I'm looking forward to their soon to be remounted productions. They'll be showing at the Loring Playhouse starting August 20th and going until September 5th.

This link made up of silly designs: jI;jf))_*DShsal, will take you to the page with all the info that is fit to print about the production. I won't be able to see it until the last weekend, due to Jeune Lune commitments, but you can catch it ASAP...do so!

I'll give some silly bit of feedback after I get a chance to see it, but not for a while, you know...

So... just for old times sake, here's some random thoughts:
  • My friend Bucky is sitting in Germany right now, getting ready to go to Kosovo where he'll be teaching College Courses on the military base. It sounds like the chance of a life time. He's going to be teaching an acting course over there, which should be a hoot. Yes, I said a "hoot!" That's a fun word to say...say it with me, Hoot! Hoot! Hoot!
  • "There's not a word yet for old friends who've just met," -- Gonzo the Great, The Muppet Movie.
  • Although my cats are only 8 years old, one of them is starting to show the signs of aging quite rapidly. Her claws are sticking out and catching the carpet all the time, rather than retracting properly. She's getting drastically thinner, too. That makes me sad. They're both good cats, but she's sort of my favorite, and I don't like to see her getting old so soon.
  • A smattering of something random from www.hookedonfacts.com: "You share your birthday with at least 9 million other people in the world. " -- This makes sense, but I wonder if it is completely true. What about people who are born on the 29th of February? Or is that the "At Least" part of the statement. Perhaps the rest of us share a birthday with far more people. I don't know.
  • I was hoping to have a statistics column put together by now to let you know what numbers came up most often on my dice, what percentage of the things I saw were comedies, one-man shows, and all that sort of stuff, but I've not had as much time as I thought I would. Tomorrow maybe...
  • Dang, Yo!

No comments: