Saturday, August 07, 2004

Day 2: The beginning

Today starts in an odd way for me. Because it is the day that my play debuts (i.e. Dandelion Snow), I have a rehearsal during the first two time slots. I don't get to attend a show until after that rehearsal. Most likely not until 4 p.m. But, then because Dandelion Snow goes up at 8:30 p.m., I won't be doing Carmen tonight. That means I get to see a whole lot more than the two shows that I got to see yesterday. This morning's random thoughts...

  • Early on in this blog I deleted all the extraneous comments that people put after my columns if they were just there to promote a show. After all, it's my column, I'm the one who gets to promote shows here. But, I didn't make that clear, and I'm afraid that caused a bit of confusion. So, I'd like to put in a plug here for a show that had originally been mentioned in a comment on this blog. Go see Does This Monologue Make Me Look Fat? by Amy Salloway at the Jungle. It has times that don't necessarily fit into the standard format of the Fringe, so you'll have to check the Guide that was in the City Pages this week for actual times. Or, you know, follow the link.
  • My daughter and I watched the Lizzy Maguire Movie this morning, so I'm ready for anything.
  • Today's snippet from www.hookedonfacts.com: "Both Julius Ceasar and Alexander the Great were epileptics." - Anyone know if George W. has epilepsy? If so the rest of the world should be scared... no, wait, the rest of the world should be scared anyway. I'm scared.

No comments: