Monday, August 09, 2004

Day 4: The Beginning

So, it is shortly after 3 p.m. and I've finally just finished writing my blogs for Day 3. Prior to that bit of scribbling, I slept most of this day away. The blogging combined with seeing Fringe Shows and doing another show all at the same time is a little more taxing on the system than I expected.

Tonight I'll be seeing a show in each time slot. No other time commitments. Although, I'm bummed that I'm going to miss the NFL Hall of Fame game on TV tonight. The football fan in me is one step from skipping shows, but I am a slave of duty (*thumps chest with fist*), and I will be at the Fringe doing that Fringy-fringe thing.

A couple of random thoughts for today:
  • I am amused by the fact that the Google Ad Words at the top of this blog often pop up with things like "Christian Books," and the like. Apparently due to the fact that some Christian Author is named Baldwin, which ties back to my very first column, which hasn't been on the page of available columns for some time. You'd think they'd pick up on some other keywords in my writing. Just as a test, I'll type some words now that ought to trigger other ads: Sopranos, E-bay, Fantasy, Sex Toys, mp3, Graphics... let's see what happens.
  • Today's factoid from www.hookedonfacts.com: "Children laugh about 400 times a day, while adults laugh on average only 15 times a day. " -- This is why I like being a parent. Being around my daughter makes me happy. I don't always know why on Earth she is laughing, and her sense of humor doesn't always click, but it is truly joyous to be around a kid.

No comments: