Monday, August 16, 2004

Day 10: The Beginning

This is the last day. Not a lot to say, other than I'll be ditching the dice-rolling in favor of free parking. When it comes down to it, even with a pass that got me into a large number of shows for free, I still spent more money on this Fringe Festival than I was intending. So... I'll be starting my day at CalibanCo. There's free parking in the church/YPC lot, and on the street. We'll see where I end up after that.

On to the random crap:
  • I have a hat that was made for me by Benjamin Berlovitz-Debois. It is my favorite hat, and I'd like to thank him for making it for me.
  • I'm too tired and have too much of a head ache to think straight.
  • Breakfast today was a family event with three generations of Kidders heading to the New Louisiana Cafe on Selby in St. Paul. Immediately thereafter, my parents took my daughter for a visit that ought to be at elast a week long. Yay! I love being a dad, but I also love being able to do things that aren't kid oriented. I've only seen two or three movies over the past 4 years that weren't animated or made by Disney.
  • The olympics used to hold more importance in my mind when we were still int he cold war. Then it was a "Us against Them" situation. Now, it's Us against the rest of the world, and that's hard to get excited about in either the Olympic realm, or in public/political policy (and you can be sure that the situation is the same in either one).
  • www.hookedonfacts.com: " Americans eat nearly 100 acres of pizza every day - that's approximately 350 slices per second!" -- I don't know what to say about this, but that is surely a lot of pizza. What I guess I'd like to know is how that breaks down topping-wise. I mean, I'm sure that pepperoni is the number 1 topping after cheese, but how many people actually get anchovies?
  • According to CNN.com, it is perfectly legal to marry a dead person in France. It takes being able to prove that you were going to marry prior to the death, and it takes the permission of the President of France. Nevertheless, I'd have to think that this could really throw a wrench into the works of inheritance situations. It's an easy way to become a rich widow without all that icky obligatory sex stuff. Think about it. If we had similar laws, Anna Nicole Smith could've made her millions even easier.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Anna Nicole hasn't collected on the millions--it's still in probate. All that sex for nuthin!

Anonymous said...

Regarding the anchovies, Mr. Kidder: if we consume 100 acres of pizza each day, I would bet we, as a nation, don't consume more than a perch of anchovies.