Wednesday, August 11, 2004

Day 5: 8:30 p.m. Time Slot

I didn't bother to roll for this time slot. Actually, I did, but then I ignored the die roll completely. I rolled a 7, and that would've had me seeing "Love Lyrics" at the Howard Conn Center. But my tummy spoke louder than the dice, and like a buzzard on fresh carrion, I dived into the menu at Rock Bottom Brewery, right across the street from Fringe Central.

I had the daily special, which was grilled cod with pineapple salsa atop a bed of cheddar mashed potatoes. Mmm-mmm-good. And an Iced tea. That's my beverage of choice when I need caffeine. I have never been a fan of coffee, and as I've gotten older my sweet tooth has faded, so pop isn't as high up on my preferences list either.

On my way to the restaurant I bumped into Ari Hoptman and Preudence Johnson outside the Fringe Central doorway. I've already written up my blurb about Ari's show, but I must put in a good word for Prudence as well. She's doing one of the shows at the Illusion. It's a little something called A Girl Named Vincent. She's one heckuva singer, and worth checking out. Side note on Ari...He is one of my favorite people to talk to. He reminds me of my roommate from college, both inhis impressive amount of trivial knowledge and his remarkable sense of humor.

No comments: