Tuesday, August 31, 2004

Carmen Closes

Well, since I kept everyone updated as to the fact that I'd rejoined the cast of Carmen at Jeune Lune right during the heart of the Fringe Festival, I thought I'd also let you know that we closed last night. Yes, I know it was a Monday night, and no, I don't know why we closed then. But, it was a nice night to close. A good house, and a lot of fun. It was sad, though, as TJL is my favorite theatre to work at (no offense intended to any of the other theatres I've worked at). The process there is unlike any other, and it produces great work. If I were able to structure a perfect environment for artistic growth through work, it would be a nearly perfect image of working at Jeune Lune.

Since I'm here, and you're here, let's do a bit of this random stuff:
  • This is the second warm day in a row here in the Twin Cities. That excites me. I was wondering if we'd get enough warm weather for my tomatoes to ripen. I have a new variety (a German green & pink) that I was afraid I was going to lose copletely to the cold and wet of this summer.
  • A bit from www.hookedonfacts.com: "There is one slot machine in Las Vegas for every eight inhabitants." -- Makes one wonder how exactly you go about inhabitting a slot machine, doesn't it?
  • Rehearsals start tonight for "The Father," the next show I'm directing.
  • I have 10 fingers and 10 toes!!!

No comments: