Saturday, August 14, 2004

Day 8: 4 p.m. Time Slot

Show: If I Don't Marry Davy Jones I'll Just Die
Die Roll: 20
Venue: MCTC Mainstage
Company: Mary Hirsch

The moment you sit down and read the program for Mary Hirsch's show, you are being entertained.

This show is more of a stand-up routine than a play, but it is entertaining and well-don nevertheless. I didn't take many notes on the whole thing though, as I found that it was easier to enjoy this show if I didn't analyze it. So, for an hour I just enjoyed hearing stories about growing up in the early 60s and turning 50 in the new millenium. And I had fun. That's all you can really ask for out of a stand-up show.

Thank you, Mary, I had a nice time. I'll buy one of your books someday when I'm not caught by other theatre folk. -- Mary sells her book after her show, and I would advise picking one up if it is even half as funny as the rest of her show.

No comments: