Tuesday, August 10, 2004

Day 4: 10:00 p.m. Time Slot

Well, I didn't really get dones that the History Theatre until a minute or two after 10:00, but I decided I'd try to see a show anyway. I made it to the Red Eye just in time to hear parts of Ari Hoptman's Delaware, and Other Lies through the big doors. It was another sell out for Ari, and I was late, so needless to say, I wasn't able to go inside, but what I heard through the door was wonderful. It was much like owning one of Ari's CDs. Now, I've told this to Ari before, his humor reminds me of the stuff that was once on albums like "The Button Down Mind of Bob Newhart." That, to me, is one of the biggest compliments I can pay to a comedian.

Chunks of the act that I really liked... A dark interlude between Fred Flintstone and Mr. Slate; a piece entitled "The Magnificent Seven for the Tone Deaf;" and his ode to an adult book store. I've been told by some who actually made it into the theatre that some of the best bits were during the musical interludes (Especially one set to Barry Mannilow's "Copa Cabanna"). I really wish I'd been able to make it through the doors.

No comments: