Thursday, August 05, 2004

Essential Equipment

I went on a silly little spending splurge this morning. I now am wireless compatible! I haven't had a chance to try it out yet, but the wi-fi card is installed. I'll be able to blog from where ever I'm able to find signal during the Fringe Festival.

My eventual plan is to make my home wireless, too. DSL will be hooked up on Monday. I start grad school on the 23rd o' August, and most of the experience will be over the internet, so I needed a high-speed connection.

The whole thing is going to be fun. I'm attending the University of New Orleans, but much of the year I'll be attending online from Minnesota, then at other times I'll be going to UNO's overseas campuses in Spain and France. Wild, eh?

So... although I got the Wi-Fi card for the Fringe, it really has bigger plans attached to it.

No comments: