Wednesday, August 11, 2004

Day 5: 10 p.m. Time Slot

Again with the rolling and not going... and this has nothing to do with the shows that I rolled, mind you. I didn't leave myself much time to make it to my 10 p.m. show, but I was looking forward to seeing Mary Beth Parker's Big Jesus Tent Revival at the Brave New Workshop. After all, I'd started my day there, why not end it the same way? But I'd only left myself enough time to bolt directly from Fringe Central to the intersection of 26th and Hennepin. I hadn't taken into account that during that drive my innards were going to revolt. Without going into detail, let's just say I missed a large chunk of the show due to a problem that only Immodium can fix. I visited a friendly neighborhood SA, locked myself in their watercloset, and didn't go to see the show at the BNW.

Once the potty emergency (as Wakko Warner would've called it) had passed, I headed back to Fringe Central to take in a bit of the group "Popcycle" which was playing there. I enjoyed the band, and hanging with the Fringe Techies was a lot of fun. I liked the band enough that had I not put myself on a restricted budget for the festival, I would've bought their CD right then and there. Now I just have to hope I can find it online.

The party wound down at about Midnight, and then I headed home with all the good intentions of writing all my blogs then. Nope... that waiting 'til the next morning.

No comments: